Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Healthy Recipe and very affordable too, a great recipe of Chef Boy Logro, the Kusina Master
Monday, March 26, 2012
Another delicious and affordable recipe by Chef Boy Logro (the Kusina Master)
Ingredients:6 pcs. Tilapia Fillet (or any kind of fish fillet you like)
3 tbsps Calamansi Juice
1-8 gm pack Knorr All in One Seasoning (or use salt & pepper)
1 pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Complete Mix (or use fresh or canned coconut milk)
2 bunches Pechay
3 pcs. Tomato, seeded
2 pcs. Onion, minced
1 bunch Lemongrass
2 pcs. Sili, long green
Get tilapia fillet and sprinkle both sides with Knorr All in one seasoning mix (or if you want – you can use salt & pepper), then drizzle with calamansi juice. Set aside.
Meanwhile, slice onions and tomatoes, combine them and sprinkle with Knorr Mix (or a bit of salt & pepper). Get your petchay, remove white part and prepare them to wrap the tilapia, around 3 pcs of petchay – lay them on a plate, put one tilapia fillet on top then put some onion-tomato mixture and put another tilapia fillet on top. Use the petchay leaves to wrap the tilapia fillet with stuffing inside. Use lemongrass stems to secure the petchay leaves.
When done stuffing and wrapping the tilapia fillets, set it aside. Get a bowl and dissolve the Knorr Ginataan Complete Mix in water (instruction at the back), and when well mix boil this mixture over medium heat, when it starts to boil, put the 2 pcs. green sili and put the wrapped fillets, then also add lemon grass. Let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, turning the tilapia once to make sure both sides are cooked. Season to taste. Yum Yum Yum!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I've been watching Chef Boy Logro's show at GMA Kapuso, Monday to Friday before Eat Bulaga. I've observed that Chef Boy Logro whips up simple, affordable, delicious and easy to follow recipes, and from them on I make it a point to always watch his show, and copy his recipes for my own files for future use. Here's one of Chef Logro's great recipe.
2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsps Mustard
¼ cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Catsup
¾ cup Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Celery Seed
2 tbsps Worcestershire Sauce
2 dashes Bottled Hot Pepper Sauce
½ tsp Salt
1 ½ cup Water
1 kilo Spareribs or Loin Back Ribs (boiled till a bit tender)
1 pc Medium Onion, Thinly sliced
1 pc Lemon, thinly sliced
1. For Sauce – melt butter in saucepan, add garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Blend in mustard and sugar, then add catsup, chili sauce, celery seed, sauces, salt & water.
3. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile get the ribs and brush the meat side with mustard, then with the cooked BBQ sauce. Let stand for a few minutes (15-20). Then place bone side down on grill over slow coals. Broil about 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Turn meat side down and brush with BBQ sauce again. Continue to broil and basting occasionally for about 7 to 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile cook the left over BBQ sauce till a bit thick, them put the cooked Spareribs into the hot bbq sauce and let simmer for about 2-3 minutes into the sauce to get a nice coating and color.
6. Serve while hot with plain or java rice. Yum Yum Yum!
Note : P350.00-400.00 for the whole recipe good for 3-4 persons